Mate Translate (was Instant Translate) allows you to translate words and phrases between over 100 languages, use text-to-speech, and browse through already-done translations in the history. You can quickly swap languages in the pop-up using Control+S. Download Mate today to get your ultimate translation helper! insert contents of the clipboard.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
Mate can understand 103 languages! Translate selected text and clipboard contents with Mate. Open it above all other apps:
- Right-click on selected text in almost any app to translate it.
- Press Alt+Shift+T to translate your clipboard.
- Press Alt+Shift+T to open Mate above all opened apps, too.
TRANSLATE DIFFERENT LANGUAGES:
- Mate understands 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly.
- Get translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian, and more!
- See the phonetic transcription and transliteration of words and text.
- Mate can speak out words and texts with correct accents to help you learn faster.
CREATE A CUSTOM PHRASEBOOK:
- Language learners and travelers! Create custom word lists for each language and keep them handy whenever you need them.
- Mate Phrasebook – Easily create and curate word lists that are available even offline.
USE MATE ANYWHERE:
- Don’t navigate to translation websites anymore when you’re reading an article in Safari or editing a document in Pages. Just use Mate everywhere you go!
- Select any text in any app and get a translation by hitting the “Translate with Mate“ button in the context menu.
- Are you as excited about Apple Silicon Macs as we are? Mate now natively runs on brand new M1 processors.
- How about Big Sur? A Big Yes. We neatly optimized Mate for the latest macOS and redesigned the app icon from scratch to reflect its Big Sur’ness. We also smoothened Mate’s menu bar and Safari toolbar icons.
- We also squashed a few pesky bugs:
- Mate could randomly open when you woke up your Mac from sleep or turned it on.
- Some entries in Phrasebook could be improperly truncated.
Tweet to us @MateTranslate
Mate is made with love by Gikken, the Berlin-based tiny company that’s totally passionate about creating best-in-class ethical software. Get us to know better: https://gikken.co/