Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces, and fullscreen apps. The app has been repeatedly featured on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in at the edge of your screen, allowing you to drag to it.
While Yoink is holding on to your files for you, you can more easily and comfortably navigate to the destination of your files, without having to keep the mouse button clicked the entire time.
Overview of Yoink’s main features:
- A “shelf” at the edge of your screen for files and app-content you’d like to move or copy, which behaves like Finder (regarding moving and copying)
- Yoink follows you everywhere – windows, spaces and (fullscreen-) apps
- Icons are created using QuickLook, allowing easy identification
- Multiple files dragged to Yoink at once are condensed into a Stack, making it easy to drag them out together
- System Services, the Quick Action, and Share extensions allow storing files in Yoink without having to use drag and drop
- Handoff to transfer files between all the Macs, iPods and iPhones you’re using Yoink on
- Clipboard History, which lets you store previously copied content in Yoink, or copy again
- Highly customizable – you decide where, when and if Yoink appears
- “Share” to and from Yoink
Some features may require a more recent version of macOS or the separately available Yoink app for iOS:
- The handoff from Mac to Mac requires macOS El Capitan 10.11 or newer on both Macs
- Handoff to/from iPad or iPhone requires a separately available Yoink app for iOS
- Quick Action and Continuity Camera requires macOS Mojave 10.14
Improvements in Yoink v3.5.8:
- When copying snippets or web links, instead of the file path, the URL or snippet content is copied
- Option-click an entry in Yoink’s Clipboard History Today Widget to send to Yoink instead of copy
Bugfixes in Yoink v3.5.8:
- Fixes a bug that caused Yoink’s Clipboard History Today Widget’s file icons to draw incorrectly
- Fixes a rare crash during Handoff, when Handoff was canceled before the window was fully loaded on Mac
- Fixes a bug where tooltips would sometimes show up inappropriately
- Fixes a bug on macOS Catalina that caused many apps not to appear in the “Ignored apps” UI
- Ignores the com.apple.drawing file type for now when importing a Sketch from an iOS device
- Fixes an error message that could appear when importing a photo using Continuity Camera
- Fixes a minor issue regarding the “File moved to Trash” popover