Textual is the world’s most popular application for interacting with Internet Relay Chat (IRC) chatrooms on macOS. Textual protects your privacy by leveraging widely accepted, proven technologies such as Off-the-Record Messaging (OTR) to ensure that the only people reading your conversations are those that you intend to.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 16.3 MB
- macOS 10.9 or later 64-bit
- Address Book for tracking when friends are online & offline
- Auto-completion for nicknames, commands, and channels
- Bold, color, italic, and underline text formatting
- Built-in support for converting text emoticons to emojis
- Growl and native Notification Center support
- Inline media embedding (Show images inline with chat)
- Inline nickname colorization
- Per-channel notification controls
- Powerful, customizable, rule-based ignore matching
- Powerful filters that can perform commands in response to input
- Powerful ZNC integration for power users
- Quick navigation using fuzzy searching
- The rich array of keyboard shortcuts
- SOCKS4, SOCKS5, and HTTP proxy support (with or without SSL)
- Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
- Support for sending self-signed certificates for authentication
- Support for validating and specifying trust for untrusted certificates
- Viewing multiple channels at the same time
- …and much, much more!
- Fixed hardened runtime blocking the loading of custom extensions and inline media modules.