EtreCheck is an app that displays the important details of your system configuration and allows you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac. EtreCheck automatically removes any personally identifiable information from the output.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.9 or later 64-bit
- Lack of backup;
- Adware infection;
- Failing hard drive;
- Out of memory situations; and
- Low disk space situations.
EtreCheck will also tell you if you could get improved performance from a new hard drive or RAM upgrade. If EtreCheck finds no problems, it will tell you that too. EtreCheck will help you get your computer healthy again or give it a clean bill of health.
- A list of major and minor issues;
- Access to security information and adware detection and removal; and
- A text-based report that can be posted on your favorite Internet technical support forum to help people identify what is wrong with your computer.
EtreCheck has been used for years by thousands of people. The EtreCheck report has become an indispensable tool used by both professional consultants and regular people.
EtreCheck’s unique adware detection algorithm allows it to work without superuser permissions or even disk access. EtreCheck will never randomly delete files it thinks are adware. Instead, tells you what it finds and lets you make the decision.
EtreCheck also provides a Power User in-app purchase that goes beyond the text-based report. It displays a rich, interactive interface that provides links to additional information, charts and graphs, and information to help you learn more about the details of your computer.
If you don’t want to post your EtreCheck report publicly, the Power User package can also generate solutions to your computer problems using our AI-driven diagnostic engine. A Solution will include solutions for each major and minor issue, and, in most cases, one or more step-by-step instructions to help you fix your computer problems yourself.
EtreCheck is designed to put you back in control.
- Improve detection of antivirus software;
- Improve reporting of hard drive problems;
- Improve reporting and solution for stuck iCloud transfers problem;
- Replace 32-bit app detection with x86-only app detection;
- Hide com.apple.installer.osmessagetracing.plist file;
- Fix system display;