Colibri is a native macOS audio player built from scratch on top of the BASS playback technology, supports cristal-clear bit-perfect playback of all popular lossless and lossy audio formats, uses only a tiny amount of computing power and offers a clean and intuitive user experience.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.10 or later.
Saves your battery:
Colibri uses a barely noticable amount of computing power during the playback of your music.
Plays your audio:
- FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, APE, TTA, DSD (DSDIFF and DSF encoding), WavPack
- Ogg Vorbis, MP1/MP2/MP3 and AAC/M4A
- network streams/online radio
- Chiptune and Tracker music
- MOD and MIDI files (with per song SoundFont support)
- 10-band Equalizer
- Automatic Sample Rate Switching
- RAM Disk support
- Permanent Pause
- Default audio output
- Remember last used device
- Multiple loop options
- Per-device configuration with auto-switching
Handles CUE Sheets
Reads, processes – and to some extent – sanitizes cue sheets
Supports gapless playback
Colibri is extensively designed from the ground up to provide a true gapless listening experience – with or without using a Cue Sheet.
Picks up where you left off
Saves your current playlist upon quitting and re-opens your songs when you start it up again.
Avoids most problems
Colibri does its’ best to avoid most problems before, during and after playback.
Understands your language
Colibri is capable of rendering the song information as it was intended to be shown: of all the tried metadata it had no problem with displaying cyrillic or kanji/katakana/hiragana characters mixed with ASCII.
Respects your privacy
Colibri does not phone home, collect usage data or modify files in any way. Displays album art – Colibri displays embedded cover art for FLAC files and ID3/iTunes artwork metadata for other files (mainly M4A / ALAC and MP3). When that yields not results then it looks in the folder where the current song resides for a cover art image.
Resides in your Menu Bar
Colibri can place an unobtrusively small icon in the Menu Bar for easy access and playlist control
Integrates with Finder
Colibri conforms all of Apple’s strict requirements
Adjusts to your Display
Colibri’s interface elements scale themselves nicely on every screen resolution and pixel density.
- Bug fixes: Output selection wouldn’t properly reflect what device is selected, playlist show/hide state not restored on next startup.