AI War 2 is a grand strategy/RTS hybrid against a galaxy that has already been conquered by rogue artificial intelligence. It’s also “a sequel to [Arcen’s] enormous-space RTS AI War, which we called ‘one of this year’s finest strategy games’ back in 2009” (Tom Sykes, PC Gamer).
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- OS: Mac OSX Intel CPU and “Leopard” 10.5 or later.
- Processor: 1.6Ghz CPU (2.4 GHz recommended, Dual Core strongly recommended for Host)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Graphics card must support 1024×1024 textures (most 32MB and up graphics cards do), 1024×768 or greater (32-bit color recommended)
- Hard Drive: 300MB
- Multiplayer: Broadband Internet Connection or LAN required for multiplayer.
- Many optional factions, each with their own goals and strategies, create a living galaxy.
- A new Fleet system gives you even more ships than before and allows you to customize your empire more than ever.
- A ton of map types, and with a lot of sub-options to make them even more varied.
- Outguard to hire, factions to ally with, and oodles of targets to capture or hack — with the AI or aliens.
- Warden, Hunter, and Praetorian Guard sub-fleets of the AI provide for new challenges (and sometimes opportunities) in how both you and the AI interact with each other.
- Crazy moddability, with many levers available in easily-accessible XML.
What’s New Compared To The Original?
- More approachable gameplay, but with a rabbit hole that goes as deep as ever.
- More to do, in terms of moment to moment gameplay and choices. More to find, more to conquer, or be conquered by.
- Polished gameplay mechanics, representing everything learned from the first game’s six expansions (plus three years of development on this sequel).
- Trimmed fat: repetitive boring tasks have been automated or streamlined, but more options than ever have been added for you to customize things when you want to. Our goal is never to waste your time, but always have an array of interesting challenges for you to pursue at once.
- Redesigned UI that gives you a ton of information and power right when you need it.
1.5 hours of new music added to the 4.5 hours included score from the original game.
Multithreading for modern performance, and a codebase that will not summon an elder god (recoded from the ground up for modern rigs).
- Over 1900 lines of spoken dialogue from more than 25 actors.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.