Adguard can make your online experience safer because, though Macs and Apple laptops are quite safe to use when it comes to ad blockers, Macs experience real problems. Already-existing solutions do not consider the specifics of OS X. That greatly influences the stability of work in Safari, and these ad-blocking extensions fail to do their work properly, especially when video ads are an issue.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
- Efficient ad blocking: How to remove Ads on Mac? adblocker is the answer. Pop-ups, video adverts, banners, and such — they will all go away. Due to unnoticeable background filtering and cosmetic processing, all you will see is clean pages with the content you came for.
- Safe web surfing: Mac computers are much less susceptible to malware, but it would be just plain wrong to ignore possible threats. There is still plenty of phishing and fraudulent websites on the Internet, and Download Adguard will protect you from them.
- Privacy protection: AdGuard Mac fights against all trackers and analytical systems that spy on you thanks to the special Spyware filter designed by the AdGuard for the macOS team. It accumulates rules against all known online analytics that try to steal your private data.
- Filtering inside apps: There are plenty of otherwise great apps that just can’t resist showing ads to you. Let’s you have the best of both worlds by giving an option to filter traffic of any app installed on your Mac.
- Works everywhere: Can’t choose a favorite browser? No problem, the program stops ads in all of them, from Safari and Chrome to the most exotic ones.
- 3 in 1: No need for extra applications or browser extensions. Just download ad blocker for Mac by AdGuard and kill a small flock of birds with one stone.
- Automatic filter subscriptions detection
- Most filters have “subscribe” buttons on their homepages or in other places. From now on, AdGuard will be able to intercept click on such links and offer you to add these filters to the app. It’s not much perhaps, but it’s a nice thing to have and it certainly won’t hurt anyone?
- No internet connection with custom DNS in DNSCrypt
- the Adguard top kill process constantly crashes on macOS Catalina
- “Reset Settings” option hangs the app
- Compatibility issues
- Algorithm for automatic language filters activation
- Automatic detection of certificate issues in Firefox
- New settings reconfiguration method does not require closing active connections
- Localizations have been updated