uBar is the Dock replacement. If you’ve never really liked the Dock, or have a soft spot for the Windows Taskbar, uBar is here to save the day. If an application has more than one window, you’ll know right away. uBar can be configured as a dock or taskbar for OS X. Boost your productivity with the most advanced and versatile app and window manager for the Mac. Find the window you’re looking for at a glance.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 11.1 MB
- macOS 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
The Dock replacement for the Mac.
The Dock was great when it was released in 2001. Today, you need more power and more functionality. uBar 4 can be configured as a dock or taskbar for macOS.
Every detail is meticulously thought-out.
uBar 4 is first and foremost a macOS App, which means that every detail is thoughtfully executed and beautifully rendered.
Attention to Detail: Everything you expect
You can drag the edge of uBar to expand it up to 5 rows. Applications have easy-to-read badges, and you can tell if they are hidden by seeing whether their name is greyed-out. uBar 4 has a Favorites area for your most-used applications, and built-in Desktop and Trash favorites. Control/right-click an application to show an alternate menu from which you can quickly quit it. When an application is unresponsive, you can tell immediately from the hatched red background. Hold the Control key, and you are in Activity Mode, with CPU and Memory usage displayed for each app. Hold the Shift key, and you can quit any app or close any window in one click.
Pro: Multiple-monitor support.
Creative professionals, developers, and power-users often make use of multiple-monitor setups. The only uBar lets you take full advantage of that setup. When you set uBar 4 to display on all your screens, by default each screen will have its own bar, which will only display the apps and/or windows associated with that screen. Alternatively, you can turn-on Mirror mode and see the same bar on every screen. Either way, you’ll finally be able to take full advantage of your pro setup.
- Favorites area (including Show Desktop and Trash)
- Expands up to 5 rows (by dragging the edge)
- Application Badges are readable unlike the Dock’s
- Customizable menu
- Activity Mode: hold Ctrl key to show Application CPU and Memory usage
- Group Windows by Application (Always, Never, Automatic)
- Light or Dark theme
- Works on OS X 10.10
- New: Korean localization added (Thanks to Square Cat)
- Improved: App menu arrows now use the foreground color (Suggested by Christoph Diehl)
- Fixed: Cursor sets to the arrow when transitioning from a window’s resize area to uBar