Typeface is a beautiful font manager that helps you pick the perfect font for your designs. Good typography is one of the most important aspects of design. But it is often hard to find the font that conveys just the right emotion, especially if you’re not sure yet what you’re looking for. With a minimal interface and total focus on your fonts Typeface tries to make browsing your collection exciting and easy, such that you’ll always find just the font you need.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
Browse swiftly through your library without any distraction. Typeface lets you explore all your installed and imported fonts with live customization of preview text and size.
Reveal every detail
View the Unicode characters that fonts support or inspect the metadata on the info tab. You can even compare to characters of another font to see the small — and big — differences.
Typography by night
The Night theme will let you preview fonts in the dark, which is as eye-soothing as watching fluffy kittens cuddle. If you’re feeling adventurous you may rock this theme during the day as well.
Tag, you’re it
The Typeface offers a very flexible and easy to use tagging system that lets you keep even the largest font libraries under control. Nest tags, combine tags, invert tags or filter tags; spend less time searching, more designing.
Designed to get out of your way: swipe to collapse the sidebar and focus on font previews. While dragging it will automatically expand and highlight already attached tags.
Imported locations are kept up-to-date automatically. Just point Typeface to a directory on your Mac and newly downloaded fonts are added on refresh.
Hands-free activation of fonts and you won’t even notice it. Of course, you can also manually activate and deactivate any font when you need to use them.
FOCUS ON YOUR FONTS:
- Perfectly rendered previews
- Live customization of preview text & size
- Intuitive & minimal UI design that doesn’t distract
- Light & Dark theme for day and night
- Easy to use & flexible tagging system (combine, subtract, invert & nest)
- Powerful search & filters (weight, width, slant, and style)
- Smart sidebar (auto collapse, tag highlight, drag & drop)
- In-place font activation & deactivation
IMPROVE YOUR WORKFLOW:
- Collect font candidates using the Quick Collection
- Review your choices and refine your selection
- Share the results with colleagues and clients on PDF
- Store the selection by attaching tags
REVEAL EVERY DETAIL:
- Compare fonts using A/B font overlays
- Inspect supported Unicode characters
- Get detailed font info
- Show font family members
AND MUCH MORE:
- [NEW] 2000+ free fonts from the Google Fonts catalog
- Support for ttf, otf, dfont, TTC and PostScript Type 1 font suitcase
- Auto synchronization of imported directories
- Import Font Book collections
- Collapsed family view
- Auto-hide fonts that are missing characters
- Auto font style classification
- Print to paper and export to PDF
- Auto size previews
- Letter s p a c I n g
- Outlined previews
- Metrics overlay
- Standard & discretionary ligatures
- Export & Import tags to JSON
- Many keyboard shortcuts
- Import Typekit fonts
- Auto activation (beta)
- Tagged and Untagged meta-tags
- Correctly sync imported locations when the case of its path has changed
- Typo in preferences — Imported is not a word
- Prevent crash when previewing variable font that has a variable without a range
- Rename tags that start with a leading! that’s not allowed anymore!
- Correctly show Google sync state in Preferences
- Improved recognition of current macOS theme when it’s set to auto switch
- Make sure in-app purchase window and feedback window use app theme
- Prevent clipping of ‘Purchase’ button on Mac App Store license view