Mellel is the leading word processor for Mac. Powerful, flexible, and reliable, it will help you write your book, academic paper, or doctoral thesis — from outlining your ideas to a finished manuscript. An advanced, multilingual word processor that enables you to quickly add citations or bibliography to your projects and much more Keeping complex documents in order is not an easy task, especially if you need to include various tables, lists, images, footnotes, references, and much more.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 118.1 MB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
A Word Processor you can trust
Mellel gets the job done. Safely. It’s considered the leading word processor for complex documents for a reason, and the reason is: that it’s stable and trustworthy under real work pressure. The only drawback is that you’ll always wonder why you didn’t get it before.
An Outline and an Outliner
Mellel’s superb Outline feature allows you to organize your work. You can navigate your document, reorganize the order of chapters, edit headings, and add tags and descriptions to the heading.
And there’s more: You can use the Outline as an Outliner, creating the entire structure of your document from within the Outline. A true time-saver.
Find. Replace. Repeat.
Mellel offers you the most advanced Find and Replace tool. It’s powerful, it’s flexible, it does RegEx, and much more.
The best thing is that this is not the best thing about it: Using Find Actions, you can use your favorite find and replaces them again and again… You can even group them in sets, and run them all at once, saving hours of painstaking and error-prone editing.
The Best Multi-language Support
Mellel was written from the ground up to support multiple languages and script systems within the same document. It was the first, and still is the best (by far) word processor for right-to-left writing systems.
The Best Index tool
Use the best Index tool, designed for functionality, flexibility, and speed. Create your index as you go along, with live text.
- Fixed some compatibility issues with older TrueType fonts.
- Fixed an issue that caused formulas in table templates to not work initially after insertion of a table based on them.
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to behave erratically with tables containing formulas and the insert table sheet under mac os versions prior to 12.0
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when typing/deleting text in table cells following a global change that affected the cell (for example, setting track changes mode, replace all, bibliography scan, and live bibliography adjustments)
- Fixed an issue that caused Mellel to crash when resizing and doing other manipulations to inline images inside table cells