Espresso helps you write, code, design, build and publish with flair and efficiency. Sophisticated text features, amazing Live Preview with Browser Xray, CSSEdit tools, the Navigator, Dynamo auto-building, and Server Sync. Whether you’re starting from scratch or tweaking a live site, Espresso has you covered.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 22.6 MB
- macOS 10.12.2 or later 64-bit
- An interface worth marveling at: Bring focus to your workflow using Espresso’s praised three-column design. Organize your files and servers on the left, your code in the middle, and navigation on the right. Espresso was built from the ground up to mimic macOS design language for a natural look and feel you’re familiar with. You can even personalize your code colors or use Espresso’s eye-saving dark theme.
- CSSEdit tools that mean business: Write, edit, and publish CSS without a hitch using Espresso’s award-winning CSSEdit tools. Take control of editors for colors, gradients, shadows, layouts, and more — available for CSS, LESS, and SCSS. Change CSS for live sites and see your design update in real-time. No need to publish, reload, or even save. You can also copy a website URL, extract the stylesheet, and make edits to that stylesheet in an instant.
- The live preview made simple: Save precious time with some of the best auto-refresh functionality in the business. Using Browser X-ray, you can edit and override your code in real-time across Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (with Technology Preview). With a non-destructive interface, the app lets you test and experiment without touching your base code — perfect for working on the fly.
- From basic code to beautiful code: Come up with clear and concise code easily using a combination of everyday core functions and Espresso’s helpful augmentations. Espresso features auto-suggestions, multiple selection changes, custom indent spacing, custom snippets, and many more to make your workflow a breeze. The app is supported across HTML, (S)CSS, LESS, JS, CoffeeScript, PHP, Ruby, Python, Apache, and XML out of the box — and you can always add more through syntax plugins.
- Sync and publish in a snap: Stay on top of your project files and servers with Espresso’s helpful server sync tools. Set up your server credentials, then save them globally, or choose not to for your one-off transfers. Send your local file folders up to your server in a few clicks, then enjoy the quick publish on save feature to keep your work current. You can even integrate FTP servers or publish them to a CDN using super-fast change detection and parallel transfers.
- Make Espresso work for you: Every developer has a particular workflow, and Espresso was built to cater to that. Customize your toolbar with contextual actions, snippets, and menus for quick access. Effortlessly navigate your code structure using groups, style previews, or a quick filter. Want to use Espresso as a lightweight web builder? Use a built-in template or load your older saved components. Need more functionality? Use a plug-in API to set up Espresso just for you.
- This update improves compatibility with the recently released macOS 11.1 Big Sur update.
- Bug fixes & improvements.