Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere. With Airfoil, you can take audio from any application and send it to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 42.8 MB
- macOS 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Critical Bug Fix: An issue where connections to Apple TVs running tvOS 10 would drop after approximately four minutes has been corrected.
- Critical Bug Fix: The erroneous “No buffer space available” (55 ENOBUFS) message which could appear on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) has been banished.
- Enhancement: Airfoil now better detects speakers that have disappeared from the network.
- Bug Fix: A problem where album artwork could wrongly appear pixelated has been corrected.
- Bug Fix: Adjustments have been made to enable FaceTime to be captured on MacOS 10.12 (Sierra).
- Other: Due to changes in iTunes 12.5, Airfoil now requires Instant On to capture audio from iTunes, and will prompt the user if needed.
- Updates to ACE 11.7.8
- The Audio Capture Engine (ACE) has been updated to 11.7.8, with several small improvements for even more reliable audio capture.
- Airfoil now properly recognizes audio from EVE Online, and correctly applies any effects or adjustments.
- Airfoil now correctly provides a “Special Sources” section to Airfoil Satellite clients.
- Airfoil no longer incorrectly offers a “System Speech” source to Airfoil Satellite clients.
- The “Advanced Speaker Options” window now properly sorts HomePod stereo pairs and uses their correct name.
- CPU usage has been reduced when Airfoil’s 10-Band equalizer is in use.
- A rare crash caused by NSNetService disappearing during processing on some networks should no longer occur.
- A rare crash that could occur when Airfoil streams Music. app with no audio playing has been fixed.
- Timing for handling various AirPlay outputs has been adjusted.