Quick and convenient blog editor. MarsEdit is a blog editor for OS X that makes editing your blogs like writing an email, with spell-checking, drafts, multiple windows, and even AppleScript support. It works with most blog services including WordPress, Blogger, Drupal, Movable Type, TypePad, and many others. Browser-based interfaces are slow, clumsy, and require you to be online just to use them.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.12 or later 64-bit
Free to download! Unlock a free trial in the app, purchase a full license, or continue to use the app for free to maintain an archive on your Mac and work locally with your published blog posts.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type, and dozens of other systems that support standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you’re ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don’t want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you’re lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text “WYSIWYG” that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tuned the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
- New Color Scheme preference to choose Dark, Light, or System Appearance
- New Share Extension supports opening images from the Share menu of other apps
- Improve the appearance of color preference indicators on a future update to macOS
- Fix a bug that caused incorrect character count when HTML entities were included in the post
- Fix an issue that caused the Media Manager selected blog to change unexpectedly
- Micro. blog-specific improvements