The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. There are no zombies — only you, the cold, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
The Long Dark
Size: 7.9 GB
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: OSX 10.9.3
- Processor: Core i5 @ 2.2GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Storage: 7 GB available space
- Sound Card: On-board.
- NO HAND HOLDING: The game challenges players to think for themselves by providing the information but never the answers. You have to earn the right to survive.
- PERMADEATH: When you die in Survival Mode, your save is deleted. Every decision matters. [Note that WINTERMUTE does not feature permadeath.
- CONDITION & CALORIES: Monitor your Hunger, Thirst, Fatigue, and Cold as you struggle to balance resources with the energy needed to obtain them. Every action costs Calories, and time is your most precious resource. Choose your path carefully.
- SCOUR THE WORLD FOR SUPPLIES: Over 100 gear items including Tools, Light Sources, Weapons, First Aid supplies, Clothing, and more.
- A VAST LIVING WORLD: Explore a 50 square kilometer Northern Canadian wilderness in search of precious supplies. In Winter. Dynamic time of day, weather, wildlife presence, etc. provide just enough randomness to keep things challenging.
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST: Hunt, fish, trap, climb, map, search for life-saving food and gear items, and try to avoid dying from the hostile wildlife, succumbing to hypothermia, frostbite, or dysentery (amongst other uncomfortable afflictions), find and maintain your life-saving gear. Hunt and be hunted by Wolves, Bears, Moose, Rabbits, Deers, Crows, and more to come in future updates.
- CHOOSE YOUR EXPERIENCE: Four distinct Experience Modes let you find a challenge level you are comfortable with, such as Pilgrim Mode, which is meant to be quiet and pensive, all the way to Interloper Mode, where only the most experienced survivors have a chance to last a week. If none of the four Experiences suits you, use Custom Mode settings to tailor your Survival Mode game to your specific tastes.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.