MetaImage is the ultimate tool to read, write, and edit image metadata. It is the first editor that allows you to edit EXIF, IPTC, and XMP tags as well as make notes in a beautiful and familiar interface. The application has been designed to improve your workflow. Users can create and manage presets. Moreover, a special interface is provided for geographical and thumbnail data. Besides, users can customize the displayed tags in the preferences.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.13 or later 64-bit
Supported tags (>5000 tags):
- ICC Profile
- and much more
The application is designed for professional needs. More than 90 image formats are supported (HEIC, MOS, CR2, CR3, DNG, NEF, NRW, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, RAW, and much more). MakerNotes tags may be edited but not created or deleted. This avoids many potential problems with OEM software.
- Export tags to CSV and JSON
- Export embedded thumbnails
- Export embedded jpeg from raw
- Copy/Paste multiple tags
- Support password-protected images
- Support notifications and touch bar
- Support folder processing
This version has been optimized for macOS High Sierra and later. Moreover, the application is available in 7 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese). Feedback can be sent directly from the application.
In this way, you can contact us for any suggestions and improvements in a few clicks.
- To help us prepare for MetaImage 2, the next free major update, we have created a dedicated page on the NeededApps forum. We invite you to share your feedback as well as your ideas.
- Improvements: Add options to exclude tags when importing tags from external files.
- Bugs Fixed: Fix invalid GPS coordinates when importing tags from external files.
- Improvements: Add new options when dragging and dropping folders.
- Improvements: Add a new option to use custom shutter speed.
- Bugs Fixed: Fix preset menu when preset groups are disabled.
- Localization: All interface elements are translated into seven languages.
- Bugs Fixed: This update fixes a lot of minor issues.