MetaImage is the ultimate tool to read, write, and edit image metadata. It is the first editor that allows you to edit EXIF, IPTC, and XMP tags as well as make notes in a beautiful and familiar interface. The application has been designed to improve your workflow. Users can create and manage presets. Moreover, a special interface is provided for geographical and thumbnail data. Besides, users can customize the displayed tags in their preferences.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.13 or later 64-bit
Supported tags (>5000 tags):
- ICC Profile
- and much more
The application is designed for professional needs. More than 90 image formats are supported (HEIC, MOS, CR2, CR3, DNG, NEF, NRW, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, RAW, and much more). MakerNotes tags may be edited but not created or deleted. This avoids many potential problems with OEM software.
- Export tags to CSV and JSON
- Export embedded thumbnails
- Export embedded jpeg from raw
- Copy/Paste multiple tags
- Support password-protected images
- Support notifications and touch bar
- Support folder processing
This version has been optimized for macOS High Sierra and later. Moreover, the application is available in 7 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese). Feedback can be sent directly from the application.
In this way, you can contact us for any suggestions and improvements in a few clicks.
- Improvements: Add a right sidebar for editing tags (can be activated in preferences).
- Improvements: Add preview support for many file formats not supported by macOS.
- Improvements: Add the ability to use copy files as sidecar files.
- Improvements: Add many actions related to QuickTime tags.
- Improvements: Improve the display of files in the grid style.
- Improvements: Add an icon to view favorites in the Photos importer.
- Improvements: Add the possibility to favorite locations.
- Improvements: Add support for EXIF GPS direction on the location panel.
- Bugs Fixed: Fix many time zone and daily saving issues.
- Bugs Fixed: Correct the display of GPS points on the map.
- Bugs Fixed: Fix permission issues related to photo automation.
- Bugs Fixed: Minor interface bugs have been fixed.