FontLab 8 is a modern, professional font editor, crafted for type designers and font geeks. It lets you create, open, modify, draw, space, kern, hint, and export desktop, web, color, and variable OpenType fonts for any Unicode writing system, from Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek, to Arabic, Hebrew, and Indic, all the way to Chinese, Japanese, emoji, symbols, and icons.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Version: 184.108.40.20620.0 | Size: 105.0 MB
Version: 220.127.116.1149 Beta | Size: 74.8 MB
- macOS 10.10 or later 64-bit
Turn letters into art:
- Express your imagination, prototype, and experiment. Draft glyphs with bitmap auto tracing and live calligraphic strokes.
- Draw and edit beautiful, smooth, consistent glyphs in fractional or integer precision, with the help of intelligent snapping and live numeric and visual measurements.
- Refine your drawings: create overlaps, simplify paths, and equalize stems. Scale while keeping stroke thickness, globally adjust weight and width, and find & fix imperfections.
Make words look good:
- Build and assemble glyphs from variable components or from self-adjusting segments or corner skins. Add accented glyphs with a simple double-click.
- Space and kern in multi-line tabs or windows that feel like a text editor.
- Add typographic smartness like ligatures, small caps, and old-style numerals with automatically-generated OpenType features, and test them in the integrated state-of-the-art complex-script text engine.
Give the text a voice:
- Explore new directions with color and variation. Extend and complete any font in FontLab, or in the mix with other font editors.
- Create, open, extend, test, and export font families, variable OpenType fonts, color fonts, and web fonts for any Unicode writing system.
- The interchange with other font editing apps like FontForge, RoboFont, or Glyphs. Supercharge your workflow with powerful add-ins and Python 3 scripts.
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.