EarthNight is a painting brought to life and a love letter to classic arcade games. Dragons have taken over the Earth, and humanity has fled to space. You must help Stanley and Sydney skydive back to Earth while careening across the backs of massive, snake-like dragons as they soar high above the planet, all while an original chiptune soundtrack pounds away in the background. Every moment is intense and layered with intricacy.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 698.4 MB
- macOS 10.15.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- Jump and dash your way across the backs of dragons on your way down to Earth in classic 2D side-scrolling action.
- Unlock more than 25 gameplay-altering powerups that will aid you on your journey as you slay dragons and discover secrets.
- Experience a unique run no matter how many times you play thanks to near-infinite variations of hand-designed, procedurally generated levels.
- Explore five layers of the atmosphere with more than 40 enemies, more than 15 unique dragons, and hundreds of scraps and items, all brought to life by artist Mattahan, who meticulously painted each of EarthNight’s 10,000+ frames of art and animation.
- Enjoy an original, exciting soundtrack intertwined into gameplay, including more than 20 songs written and performed by chiptune musician Chipocrite.
- Dr. Dave the Appraiser has upgraded the ship to produce over 40 different outfits for Stanley & Sydney. They can be synthesized using water, dragon eggs and parts you collect on your journey. There are also some special outfits that can only be unlocked by completing epic goals.
- The new outfits include over 400 frames of hand painted animation for each character including their lobby animations, poses and death screens.
- Tied to your devices dark mode settings is a new dark mode for EarthNight that changes the appearance of the exterior and interior of the ship. You can also select your preference in the options menu.
A New Chipocrite Track!
- Chipocrite has composed and recorded a new original song as a variant for World 1. This includes boss music with both full band and chiptune versions. We hope you enjoy some more musical variety in the Thermosphere.
Performance & Crashes
- We’ve tinkered under the hood to decrease active memory by over 20%! We’ve improved performance across all devices but especially lower-end devices and have solved the persistent issue of the game crashing when reaching the planet’s surface on lower-end devices. We believe all Apple Arcade compatible devices should be able to enjoy EarthNight to the fullest now.
Minor Improvements & Bug Fixes
- The outfit shelf is now easier to navigate.
- Outfits auto-equip when purchasing them.
- Minor updates to the Korean language.
- Auntie outfit for Sydney fast run frames are fixed.