Acorn is a new image editor built with one goal in mind – simplicity. Everyone needs to edit photos at some point, but not everyone has the time to learn complicated super pricey photo editing software. Fast, easy, and fluid, Acorn provides the options you’ll need without any overhead. Acorn feels right, and won’t drain your bank account. This is why we created the Acorn. Add text and shapes to your digital pictures. Combine images together to create a photo collage.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Size: 20.2 MB
- macOS 10.11.4 or later 64-bit
- Powerful Image Editing: Use non-destructive curves, levels, and filters. The GPU power of Metal 2. Add layer masks and selections to touch up your images or make something entirely new. Remove backgrounds, combine images, perform color correction, resize, transform, crop, and much much more.
- Text on a Path: Acorn 6 includes a new Path Text Tool, so you can wrap and warp text anywhere you’d like. Just create a shape or path, and add your text! And since Acorn’s text is always Unicode-aware, you can even have Emoji on a path.
- Non-Destructive Filters: Combine filters together to create endless combinations of unique effects knowing you can always change your mind later on. Customize your own presets and use the on-canvas controls to place your filters exactly where you need them.
- Circle Text Tool: Quickly and easily place your text on a circle to create logos and other useful text designs. Modify your text with on-canvas controls for circle radius, rotation, and inversion. Use the baseline and kerning sliders to fine-tune your text.
- Photo Effects: Tilt-shift, vignette, drop shadow, gradients, sharpening, color correction, distortions, blurs, and over a hundred more. With Acorn’s filter panel, adding effects to your images has never been so easy. Effects can be seen in real-time, so you can get your adjustments just right.
- Vector Tools: Stars, arrows, Bézier curves, boolean operations, and text tools including circle text and path text are just a few of the vector features awaiting you. Modify stroke alignment, line joins style, and shapes blending all from within the inspector palette.
New in Acorn 6:
- Web Export Goodness: Zoom, pan, and use shortcuts to change the scale of your image. Keep or remove image metadata, and find pixels that are out of range of sRGB. Preview your changes prior to exporting and compare them to the original. Observe file size adjustments in real-time!
- Clone Across Images, Layers, and More: Acorn’s clone tool upgrades include the ability to clone across different images, layers, and to even clone from group or shape layers. Easily modify the brush softness and flow in the inspector palette. Hold down the shift key each time you click, and Acorn will treat the clone tool as a stamp tool.
- Smart Layer Export: Smart Layer Export is similar to slicing. Check out the new configurable palette to set up a layer’s Smart Layer Export settings. Adjust the movable frame that represents the export bounds of your image, name your file, and you can even choose to have your layer automatically export as @1x, @2x, @3x-@5x. sizes.
- Other minor 10.15 cleanups and fixes.
- Fixed an issue when printing or exporting as PDF when some layers had non-normal blend modes.
- Acorn is a little less aggressive about writing out extended attributes to remember things like the zoom scale between file opens.
- Fixed a possible crasher in the brushing engine when using the smudge tool.