Private Contact is an application to manage an always-encrypted address book to protect your privacy and keep your contacts really private. Data are organized using a master-and-details interface, which is very easy to use. Custom color categories can be associated with contacts to categorize them. Everything can be sorted by name, company, or category.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
- macOS 10.11 or later.
- Any document is protected by a password you decide. Only you can read the content
- It works in a way you already know, a list of contact to select in a Master and Details interface
- Selecting a contact you can see and edit details
- You can have a list of categories, any category has a custom colored label
- Assigning a category to any contact you can better organize search sort view your contacts
- You can filter by category, contents, or both.
- Private Contacts is document-based, you can have more than one list of contacts for separate purposes
- You can select a document to be opened by default launching the application
- At any document opening the correct password must be provided to open the document
- No way to know the content of any Private Contact document without the right password
- Private Contact uses the powerful rock solid AES•256 algorithm, to encrypt data.
- AES•256 Encode/Decode is provided by the modern Apple Common Crypto, all macOS native.
- If you need it, instant lock with a click
- Contact can be sorted and filtered by content and category
- Master and details interface to easily browse your contacts
- Data can be imported inside Private Contact from your standard Apple Contacts or from CSV or TSV files
- Data can be exported to text files in CSV, TSV, HTML, or Custom format, even using your own custom tags
- Includes an embedded PDF user guide
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
- Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
- Merge all documents in a window
- Autosave Versions
- Automatic resume
- Tags in finder
- Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
- Light Mode and Dark Mode compatible
- Runs on macOS 10.10 and successive
- Optimized for macOS 11 Big Sur
- Universal format for Apple silicon and Intel-based Mac