Find a video you want to download, then drag and drop the link into the app, or take advantage of a Downie browser extension doing it for you. That’s literally all it takes to get that video on your Mac. Downie 4 lets you download YouTube videos and save video content from hundreds of other websites, including Facebook, Vimeo, and Instagram.
- Download Link
- Supported Operation Systems
- Whats new?
Version: 4.3.2 | Size: 52.7 MB
Version: 3.9.11 (3039) | Size: 37.8 MB
- macOS 10.12.6 or later 64-bit
- 4K video YouTube support – unlike many other YouTube downloaders, Downie supports HD video on YouTube, up to 4K.
- Postprocessing – need your video in MP4 for iTunes? Or want just the audio track? No problem, Downie can handle this for you automatically!
- UI Redesign – the UI has been redesigned from the ground up. It’s faster, more fluent, and visually pleasing.
- Menu Bar Icon – control the downloads from the menu bar – without the need to switch away from your current work.
- Improved HLS Support – HLS streams download up to 4 times faster.
- DASH Support – DASH streams are now supported.
- Major Postprocessing Improvements – postprocessing of some downloads can take only a few seconds instead of minutes thanks to Downie analyzing the video prior to the conversion!
- Simple Mode – if your preference is to keep the UI as simple as possible, there’s a simple mode for you!
- Delayed Queue Start – schedule your Downie 3 downloads for the middle of the night so that you’re not hogging the bandwidth for the rest of the family!
- Popup Window Support in User-Guided Extraction – the User-Guided Extraction now optionally supports popup windows so that you can sign into sites that open login in a separate window.
- New: The JSON metadata now includes chapter information.
- New: pbslearningmedia.org.
- Improved: 7plus.com.au, espn.com, ixigua.com, odysee.com, rtpplay.pt, radio-canada.ca, soundcloud.com, youtube.com.
- Fixed: Issue when subtitles might not be downloaded under certain circumstances.